The Audio Step Options Panel
The Audio Step Options Panel consists of two tabs: Music & Voice tab and Auto Music tab. The Music & Voice tab allows you to copy music from your audio CD, record your voice and apply audio filters to your audio tracks. The Auto Music tab allows you to use third-party music tracks for your project.
Music & Voice tab
- Duration: Displays the duration of the audio track in hours:minutes:seconds:frames. You can also pre-set the length of the recording by entering the desired duration.
- Clip volume: Adjusts the volume level of the recorded clip.
- Fade-in: Gradually increases the volume of the clip.
- Fade-out: Gradually decreases the volume of the clip.
- Record Voice: Opens the Adjust Volume dialog box where you can first test the volume of your microphone. Click Start to begin recording. VideoStudio creates a new clip to the right of the existing audio in the Voice Track on the Timeline. This changes into Stop during the recording process.
- Import from Audio CD: Opens a dialog box where you can import music tracks from an audio CD. Click to update your CD information either from the CD-text in the audio CD or from the Internet.
- Playback Speed: Opens a dialog box where you can change the speed and duration of an audio clip.
- Audio Filter: Opens the Audio Filter dialog box where you can apply audio filters to the selected audio clip.
- Audio View: Changes your Timeline into an audio waveform. When clicked, the Surround Sound Mixer tab is displayed.
Auto Music tab
- Duration: Displays the total duration of the selected music.
- Clip volume: Adjusts the volume level of the selected music. A value of 100 retains the music’s original volume level.
- Fade-in: Gradually increases the volume of the music.
- Fade-out: Gradually decreases the volume of the music.
- Scope: Specify how the program will search for SmartSound files.
- Local: Searches for SmartSound files stored in the hard drive.
- Mounted: Searches for SmartSound files stored in the hard drive and CD-ROM drives.
- Owned: Searches for SmartSound files that you own including those stored in CDs.
- All: Searches for all SmartSound files available in your desktop computer and the Internet.
- Library: Lists the available libraries from which music can be imported.
- Music: Select the desired music to add to your project.
- Variation: Select from a variety of musical instruments and tempo to apply to the selected music.
- Play Selected Music: Plays back the music with the selected Variation.
- Add to Timeline: Inserts the selected track to the Music Track of the Timeline.
- Auto trim: Automatically trims the audio clip to fit the empty space based on the Jog Slider position.
- SmartSound Quicktracks: Opens a dialog box where you can view information and manage the SmartSound Library.