The Edit Step Options Panel
The Edit Step Options Panel allows you to edit the video, image and color clips that you added to the Video Track. Video filters that you applied to your clips can be fine tuned in the Attribute tab.
- Duration: Displays the duration of the selected clip in hours:minutes:seconds:frames. You can trim the selected clip by changing the clip duration.
- Clip volume: Allows you to adjust the volume of the audio segment of your video.
- Mute: Silences the audio segment of your video without deleting it.
- Fade-in/out: Gradually increases/decreases the volume of the clip for a smooth transition. Select File: Preferences – Edit to set the fade-in/out duration.
- Rotate: Rotates the video clip.
- Color Correction: Allows you to adjust the hue, saturation, brightness, contrast, and gamma of the video clip. You can also adjust the White balance of the video or image clip or make auto tone adjustments.
- Playback Speed: Launches the Playback Speed dialog box where you can adjust the pace of your clip.
- Reverse video: Plays the video backward.
- Save as Still Image: Saves the current frame as a new image file and places it in the Image Library. All enhancements made to the file are discarded before saving.
- Split Audio: Allows you to separate the audio from a video file and place it on the Voice Track.
- Split by Scene: Splits a captured DV AVI file based on the shooting date and time, or the changes in video content (i.e., motion change, camera shifting, brightness change, etc.).
- Multi-trim Video: Allows you to choose desired segments from a video file and extract them.
- Duration: Sets the duration of the selected image clip.
- Rotate: Rotates the image clip.
- Color Correction: Allows you to adjust the hue, saturation, brightness, contrast, and gamma of the image. You can also adjust the White balance of the video or image clip or make auto tone adjustments.
- Resampling option: Sets how image size is adjusted.
- Keep aspect ratio: Maintains the relative width and height of the current image.
- Fit to project size: Makes the size of the current image the same as the project’s frame size.
- Pan & Zoom: Applies the Pan & Zoom effect to the current image.
- Presets: Provides various Pan & Zoom presets. Choose a preset from the drop-down list.
- Customize: Allows you to define how to pan and zoom the current image.
- Duration: Sets the duration of the selected color clip.
- Color Picker: Click the color box to adjust the color.
- Replace last filter: Allows the last filter applied to a clip to be replaced when you drag a new filter onto the clip. Clear this option if you want to add multiple filters to your clips.
- Applied filters: Lists the video filters that were applied to a clip. Click or to arrange the order of the filters; click to remove a filter.
- Presets: Provides various filter presets. Choose a preset from the drop-down list.
- Customize Filter: Allows you to define the behavior of the filter throughout the clip.
- Distort clip: Allows you to modify the size and proportions of the clip.
- Show grid lines: Select to display the grid lines. Click to open a dialog box where you can specify settings for the grid lines.